The open stacks area at all of the University Library´s facilities can be used without a library card. For lending books and other media a library card is required.
Registration is free of charge for all users.
The registration for using the University Library is managed by the Service Desk at the Central University Library, Beitzplatz Campus.
Opening Hours for the Service Desk
|Registration, Loans, Returns|
|Monday - Friday||9.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.|
Registration requires the presentation of:
- National ID card/passport
- Students of the University of Greifwald – student ID card
- Staff members of the University of Greifswald - employment contract
- Under 18s – declaration of consent from a parent/legal guardian
- Foreign library users - passport and registration certificate
Loss of Your Library Card:
If users lose their library card, they can request a new one from the Service Desk at the Central University Library. The fee is € 4.70. The old card will be blocked and will no longer be available for use. You can block your account immediately after losing your library card, by calling +49 3834 420 1567.
Students who lose their student ID cards (with integrated library function) must also inform the Students´Registration Office.
Use of the internet is only possible for students and staff members of the University of Greifswald.